The exchange roller programme is used on a worldwide scale by most sales and service departments of machine manufacturers. Böttcher offers a comprehensive all-round service that meets your every requirement.
What is an exchange roller?
- a roller used in sheetfed printing or some modern heatset web presses
- a roller listed in the Böttcher roller catalogue under an article number beginning with 090XXXX (complete with accessories) or 095XXXX (without accessories).
- a roller equivalent to the original roller supplied by the printing press manufacturer
- a roller with original dimensionsant the original roller covering - often even an anhanced version of the original roller coverin - recommended by the printing press manufacturer
- a roller with the original-quality roller core which may have been used previously, is fully functional and meets all of the quality standards put out by the machine manufacturerherstellers entspricht.
What are the benefits?
- simple, convenient ordering of rollers from the catalogue
- substantial time savings
- short delivery periods
- minimum roller storage space required, which means lower costs for you
- credit system
- the same quality standards as original rollers, which means consistently high print quality
- consistently in line with the most recent technological advances
- guaranteed trouble-free function.
Which rollers are accepted for return?
In general, all of the rollers covered by our roller exchange program. Send the rollers to your local Böttcher representative or ship directly to Böttcher in Cologne. Once the rollers are received in Cologne, they are inspected with a special testing unit, which measures core diameter, total length, tolerances (e.g. cylindricity, true running) and journals. These parameters are crucial to perfect printing press operation.
If the core meets these quality standards, a given amount is credited to your account. Cores that do not meet the quality standards are disposed of. No credit is given for these cores. In other words - you can be sure that the exchange rollers you receive have new-quality cores.